Financial Assistance

* HICAPS facilities are available at our clinic which allow you to claim from your health fund at the time of payment.


Do I need a referral from a doctor?

No, you do not need a referral from a doctor to see a speech pathologist, however some private health funds may require a referral letter from a doctor before paying benefits for speech pathology. We recommend that you contact your private health fund to discuss.

The following funding may be available to you. 



Eligibility for Funding

The National Disability Scheme       

The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is the new way of providing support for Australians with disability, their families and carers.

You or your child may be able to access NDIS support if you:

  • Have a permanent disability that significantly affects the ability to take part in everyday activities;
  • Are aged less than 65 when they first enter the NDIS;
  • Are an Australian citizen or hold a permanent visa or a Protected Special Category visa; and
  • Live in Australia where the NDIS is available.

Communicare is registered with the NDIA. We are approved to be able to provide NDIS support with funding applications, 1:1 speech pathology and group therapy programs.

For more information regarding the National Disability Insurance Scheme or to see if your child meets the access requirements head to their website. or you can phone them on 1800 800 110.

* Private Health Insurance

Speech Pathology services can be rebated under certain ancillary tables of private health funds.  Our speech pathologists are recognised by Private Health Funds as providers, so a portion of our fees are claimable. Consult your health fund to obtain details on the rebate amount or speech pathology consultations and the maximum amount you can claim per person or family in a calendar year.

The following health funds are currently supported by our mobile payment facilities. Rebates from other health funds can be claimed directly from the fund.

Helping Children with Autism (HCWA)
HCWA is a funding scheme that has been allocated by the federal government, for early intervention services for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), or Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD). Provided your child is aged 0-7 years and has not started full time compulsory schooling, you are eligible to access the funding. Families who are eligible can spend up to $6000 per financial year (up to a total of $12000) on early intervention for the child.

Further information on the Helping Children With Autism Package can be found on:……

Better Start for Children with Disability Initiative
Eligible children who are aged under six years and have been diagnosed with:

– Down syndrome
– Cerebral palsy
– Fragile X syndrome
– a moderate or greater vision or hearing impairment, including deaf blindness
– Prader Willi syndrome
– Williams syndrome
– Angelman syndrome
– Kabuki syndrome
– Smith-Magenis syndrome
– CHARGE syndrome
– Cornelia de Lange syndrome
– ‘Cri du Chat syndrome
– Microcephaly or
– Rett’s Disorder*

Parents or carers of eligible children will need to register their child for the Better Start early intervention funding before the child turns six years of age. Registration of eligible children is managed by the dedicated Registration and Information Service (RIS), which is operated by Carers Australia. To register a child for the Better Start early intervention funding parents and carers must call the RIS on 1800 242 636.

St Luke's Parish Centre    |     Level One     |     4 Heydon Street    |     Mosman     |     NSW     |     2088

Provider Number: 4384253W