A Speech Pathologist’s role is to assess and provide intervention to target the underlying reason for the difficulties that a child is experiencing.
Our clients present with needs in the areas of:
– Receptive & Expressive Language
– Articulation & Phonology (Speech Sounds)
– Play Skills & Social Interaction
– Auditory Processing
– Literacy (Reading & Spelling) development
– Autistic Spectrum Disorder & associated needs
– Other developmental conditions e.g. Down Syndrome, Intellectual Delay, Global Developmental Delay
We tailor therapy to the needs of the individual child and work with parents, educators and other professionals to ensure that progress is carried over to everyday settings. A child’s individual therapy may incorporate some of the following programs in which we are trained:
- It Takes Two to Talk® – The Hanen Program® for Parents of Children with Language Delays
- More than Words® – The Hanen Program® for Parents of Children with Austism Spectrum Disorder
- Lindamood-Bell Visualising and Verbalizing for Language Comprehension and Thinking® (V/V®)
- Lindamood Phoneme Sequencing Program for Reading, Spelling and Speech (LiPS®)
- The Spalding Method®
- Blades (Language Approach to aid children with language delays)
- Shape Coding (Teaching Grammar to School Aged Children)
- Key Word Signing.
Further information on the different types of services that we offer can be found in ‘Our Services’.